[gmx-developers] Grand canonical monte carlo simulations using Grompy

Anton Feenstra k.a.feenstra at vu.nl
Tue Jan 28 15:07:41 CET 2014

On 25/01/14 00:07, Marcello wrote:
> Dear all
>
> I want to know how useful is the Grompy code for performing monte carlo
> simulations. Could you please tell me if this interface works well with high
> number of particles.  In fact, I want to simulate the adsorption of methane
> by a MWCNT and plot the adsorption isotherm. I am familiar with gromacs but
> when coming to Grompy I don't know where to start the simulation from. I
> will be really happy if you can help and guide me with this.
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> https://github.com/GromPy/GromPy <https://github.com/GromPy/GromPy>

Dear Marcello,

We haven't looked at the efficiency in terms of numbers of particles,
but have used grompy in a hybrid MD-MC implementation for grand
canonical sampling:

The application is published here:
http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/jcc.22947/abstract

IIRC, the code of this part is also available (perhaps even part of
GrompY, that I don't remember), and could be a good place for you to
start your work.

--
Groetjes,

Anton
| / \ / \'| | | IBIVU/Bioinformatics - Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam   |
|(   |   )| | | De Boelelaan 1081 - 1081 HV Amsterdam - Netherlands   |
| \_/ \_/ | | | Tel +31 20 59 87783 - Fax +31 20 59 87653 - Room P136 |
|             | Feenstra at few.vu.nl - www.few.vu.nl/~feenstra/         |
|             | "What if you're wrong about the great Ju Ju at the    |
|             | bottom of the sea?" (Richard Dawkins)                 |