[gmx-developers] Brainstorming ideas for minimally painless incorporation of an MC barostat (later MC moves in general)

Berk Hess hess at kth.se
Thu Jul 17 16:35:50 CEST 2014

I understand that the virial is not needed for the pressure scaling
itself, but it will usually be calculated for reporting at a scaling
step, so we need to get it right, also with constraints.

If we don't want to calculate the force 3x when a MC step is rejected,
we can directly reuse the storing mechanism implemented in minimize.c.

Cheers,

Berk