[gmx-developers] Force Field validation

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Tue Jun 10 14:10:58 CEST 2014

On 6/10/14, 2:35 AM, Alexey Shvetsov wrote:
> Hi all!
>
> Are there some common GROMACS workflow to validate forcefields and/or
> forcefields additions like glycam?
>
> I have converted GLYCAM forcefield to gromacs format. However it has large
> number of building blocks (~2.5k). GROMACS should have case sensetive building
> block names to deal with it

The first thing I'd do is scan across the different molecules and do
single-point energy evaluations in Gromacs and a known implementation,
presumably Amber.  That should give a good indication that the parameters have
been ported over correctly.

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
School of Pharmacy
Health Sciences Facility II, Room 601