[gmx-developers] Pre-GROMACS 5.0 ToDo list

Roland Schulz roland at utk.edu
Thu Jun 19 21:41:50 CEST 2014

On Thu, Jun 19, 2014 at 3:18 PM, Mark Abraham <mark.j.abraham at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Thu, Jun 19, 2014 at 11:43 AM, Roland Schulz <roland at utk.edu> wrote:
>

>>  On Thu, Jun 19, 2014 at 5:21 AM, Rossen Apostolov <rossen at kth.se> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> 1) Is there a howto/guide about adding extra jenkins tests?
>>>
>>  It is very simple. You edit the Jenkins job. It is good to test it
>> first in a trial job. I created one here:
>> http://jenkins.gromacs.org/job/Gromacs_Gerrit_5_0_trial/.
>>
>>  Are those the build configurations we want for 4.8&4.9? Or do we want
>> more or less for those? Do we want to remove some for the older compilers
>> to not increase the total number of configurations? See
>> http://redmine.gromacs.org/issues/1508 for more open questions. Adding
>> the configurations is trivial. We just need to decide what we want.
>>

>  That config seems reasonable. A GPU config would make some sense, but
> I'm not sure if there's a CUDA version that officially supports gcc past
> 4.7?
>
>  Is there value in a Sanitizers_and_analyzers build configuration? Since
> they will often run more slowly, we might want to separate them so it is
> easier to make sure they get executors before the general builds.

What is the advantage of having a separate build configuration? It should
be possible to make it floating by simply using host=clang-3.4, and adding
the label to the slave axis, right? And a separate build configuration
wouldn't give the Sanitizers_and_analyzers higher priority, unless we
install a plugin such as Priority+Sorter+Plugin.

Roland