[gmx-developers] Problem in compiling Gromacs 4.6.1 with GPU on MAC OS X

xraynano mancini at anl.gov
Wed Mar 26 00:15:01 CET 2014

We have had a similar problem as described below. We have tried various work
arounds that force use of clang correctly with CUDA, or that try to
substitute gcc47 for clang. Then, we can get everything to compile, but when
trying to run anything in the final installation, it fails with the error:
Malformed Mach-o file

One would think someone by now would have figured out how to get the GPU
version of GROMACS to properly compile for current Mac OSX. We are running
10.9.2 on a 12 core with Geforce 680 GPU.

salehi wrote