[gmx-developers] About modifying source code in gromacs 5.0

Jorge de Antonio j.de.antonio at grs-sim.de
Tue May 20 11:54:19 CEST 2014

Dear all,

I’m making some changes in the gromacs 5.0 source files. However I see that there are two directories containing both source files (src and Gromacs-5.0-rc1-Source) and they pretty much look the same according to diff command. So my question is…when compiling it only takes the programs from src directory, right? In that case, what is the purpose of the other directory? I would appreciate some help :)

Best regards,

Jorge de Antonio