[gmx-developers] Energy analysis

David van der Spoel spoel at xray.bmc.uu.se
Tue May 27 11:22:59 CEST 2014

On 2014-05-07 16:54, Berk Hess wrote:
> On 05/07/2014 04:47 PM, David van der Spoel wrote:
>> On 2014-04-24 21:30, Berk Hess wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> That is good news. The current code is far too complex to easily
>>> understand even the most basic functionality of g_energy.
>>
>> Indeed. I got quite far already, just wondering if anyone is still using:
>> - the einstein relation for computing the viscosity
> yes

I wonder how to interpret the results (more a user question but since
I'm editing the code and don't understand the results I might as well
clarify it).

So I get the Shear Viscosity Integral from the Einstein Viscosity code
and this quickly converges to a constant value for my liquids. The unit
given on the Y-axis is kg m^-1 s^-1 ps (which makes sense for a
viscosity integral). However, if the unit is correct, the viscosity
should be the slope of this curve, which is zero (since my curve is
fluctuating around a constant value). Am I misunderstanding something?

>> - the free energy estimate code
> yes
>>
>> or whether I can drop those?
> So I would vote for not dropping them.
>
> Berk
>>

>>> Cheers,
>>>
>>> Berk

Box 596, 75124 Uppsala, Sweden. Phone:	+46184714205.