[gmx-developers] Structure of the 5.0 source code

Jorge de Antonio j.de.antonio at grs-sim.de
Thu May 29 00:54:31 CEST 2014

Hi,

Thanks again for your help. Also I see that the structure in the gromacs 4.5 and 5.0 has changed. I had some extra c files in the kernel directory in src in the old version. Those functions defined were called in the md.c. Now I came up with the question… where should I put these extra files in (5.0 version)? My first attempt was to paste them (with the corresponding changes) into src/programs/mdrun/.

I would appreciate if someone can help about how the files and directories are set in the source code. I haven’t found anything in the documentation.

Thanks again for your time.
Best,

Jorge

On 22 May 2014, at 15:18, Mark Abraham <mark.j.abraham at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Clues for this might be found by examining the git history for that file. Get the GROMACS git repository and use something like
>
> git log -- src/gromacs/gmxana/gmx_chi.c src/tools/gmx_chi.c
>
> to see the history for whatever that file was called at the time. This should give you some metadata about the change.
>
> Mark
>
> On May 21, 2014 12:40 PM, "Jorge de Antonio" <j.de.antonio at grs-sim.de> wrote:
> Dear developers,
>
> I’ve noticed that there is a substancial change in the gmx_chi.c file (located in /src/gromacs/gmxana) when comparing to the 4.5.1. The thing is I must modify the variable int naa (in the histogramming function) but that variable doesn’t exist anymore in the new version. I guess is somehow related with the gmx_residue_type_t rt. I would appreciate some help in getting a better understanding of this function. Thanks a lot.
>
> Cheers,
> Jorge

X-Antivirus: avast! (VPS 14052700) X-Antivirus-Status: Clean Subject: Re: [gmx-developers] About gmx_chi.c in 5.0 Content-Type: text/html; charset="windows-1252" X-Apple-Auto-Saved: 1 X-Universally-Unique-Identifier: 4A2BE900-3FFA-4320-B2CC-35F35B108D0D X-Apple-Mail-Remote-Attachments: YES From: Jorge de Antonio X-Apple-Base-Url: x-msg://2/ In-Reply-To: X-Apple-Windows-Friendly: 1 Date: Wed, 28 May 2014 18:24:50 +0200 X-Apple-Mail-Signature: Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Message-ID: <69FD7C6B-459D-42DE-AE55-6F2542756B98 at rwth-aachen.de> References: X-Uniform-Type-Identifier: com.apple.mail-draft To: MIME-Version: 1.0
Thanks again. Also I see that the structure in the gromacs 4.5 and 5.