[gmx-developers] Contributing new water models

Mark Abraham mark.j.abraham at gmail.com
Fri May 30 09:34:47 CEST 2014

Hi Lee-Ping,

That sounds useful. Generally we will only incorporate force field things
that are published, so that is good. I'm hesitant to make them available
with pdb2gmx -water, lest it be too easy for people to misuse them with an
inappropriate force field. Incorporating the atom types into the tested
force fields and making the .itp files available with them sounds fine to
me. Then a quick sed -i will replace whatever was selected with pdb2gmx.

Mark