[gmx-developers] Setting up dependencies between gerrit patches

Mark Abraham mark.j.abraham at gmail.com
Tue Sep 23 05:32:49 CEST 2014

Yep. Gerrit uses the ChangeId for recognizing logical equivalence, and
assumes that the state of your repo at the time of your push to gerrit is
how you would want the git history to look if the patches were then
submitted immediately. So you can always push a chain of patches, and if
gerrit recognizes any ChangeId, that change gets updated with new content
and dependencies. I did this on the weekend for making 3952 depend on 4077.

Mark