[gmx-developers] ICC 14 support

Roland Schulz roland at utk.edu
Mon Sep 29 18:16:13 CEST 2014

Hi,

what problem do you have with ICC14? Both ICC14 and ICC15 should work fine.
There was an issue with ICC14+static-libraries (9e8061e13f48, 4.6.7 and
5.0.1) and ICC14+unit-tests(b0e60e91add6, 5.0.1). Both are fixed in
release-5-0 and will be included 5.0.2. You can either use the release-5-0
branch, just apply the patch, wait till 5.0.2 (should be soon), or don't
use static-libraries (default) and don't try to run the unit-tests (the
compiler issue isn't present in the main code thus even though the unit
tests fail the actual program is OK).

Roland

865-241-1537, ORNL PO BOX 2008 MS6309