[gmx-developers] PME - charge assignment to grid

Mark Abraham mark.j.abraham at gmail.com
Mon Aug 3 16:31:51 CEST 2015

Hi,

"spread" is the magic keyword you can use for searching that code. We're
slowly working at improving the organization, so you will find our first
steps at better organization in the git master branch, e.g.
src/gromacs/ewald/pme-spread.cpp. (Developing features there rather than
off an old tarball is generally a better idea, and not just so that you can
have version control for your own work...)

There used to be a grid-dumping routine, which we removed in the
re-organization, so you might like to look at the old code to see how you
want to get done whatever it is that you need. Be aware that grid
construction is parallelized with both MPI and OpenMP, so you probably want
to start with a single-threaded run while you learn what is going on.
There's no support for e.g. dumping the grid from a parallel run, because
that is not really a good thing for a high-performance code to do.

Mark