[gmx-developers] numbering of next GROMACS release

Barnett, James W jbarnet4 at tulane.edu
Wed Aug 19 16:42:34 CEST 2015

I think some form of full year (e) or year/month (f) version number would work well. My preference would be the full year, because it makes it even more clear when a person is using an out-of-date version.  Mentally there's a bigger difference between GROMACS 2008/2015 than GROMACS 4.0/5.1 ("I'm only using one major version older than the current version" vs. "I'm using software from 7 years ago").

--

James "Wes" Barnett, Ph.D. Candidate

Louisiana Board of Regents Fellow

Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering

Tulane University

341-B Lindy Boggs Center for Energy and Biotechnology

6823 St. Charles Ave
New Orleans, Louisiana 70118-5674

jbarnet4 at tulane.edu