[gmx-developers] dhdl expanded ensemble

Shirts, Michael R. (mrs5pt) mrs5pt at eservices.virginia.edu
Fri Aug 28 14:58:49 CEST 2015

Yeah, apologies, checking 5.1 in the in the debugger for a binding free
energy change, then there are some differences between the dhdl output
file when nstdhdl = 20, and the terms in the enerd->term dhdl components
at step = 10 matched what the output was in the dhdl file when nstdhdl =
10.  So don't rely on that dhdl, since it is missing some terms.

In any case, it would be relatively easy to change the existing machinery
to force it do the full calculation dhdl calculation every step.  If you
wanted to make it very easy, just set nstdhdl = 1, and introduce a new
variable that controls the printing of dhdl to the file alone.

Michael Shirts
Associate Professor
Department of Chemical Engineering
University of Virginia