[gmx-developers] dEkin/dl parallelization issue

Berk Hess hess at kth.se
Thu Dec 10 08:17:35 CET 2015

On 12/10/2015 07:59 AM, Shirts, Michael R. (mrs5pt) wrote:
> > The work around is do not include fep-lambdas or mass-lambdas
> specification in mdp-file.
>
> Or explicitly setting the masses to be the same.  In virtually all
> cases of interest, there's a cancellation of the kinetic energy term
> (one is interested in  solvent alchemical change - ideal gas change or
> solvent alchemical change - protein complex alchemical change).
>
> I mean, the error shouldn't be there, but it's a very easy error to
> work around.
This contribution also converges very quickly to its equilibrium value
which is trivial to calculate.

But I don't see any obvious bug in the code (but it's quite complex).
Does this happen with MPI and/or thread parallelization?
Could you file an issue redmine.gromacs.org and attach a tpr file that
reproduces the problem?

Cheers,

Berk