[gmx-developers] GROMACS OpenCL on Gallium

Szilárd Páll pall.szilard at gmail.com
Thu Dec 10 16:56:32 CET 2015

Vedran,

Unfortunately, don't think I will have enough time at least in the coming
1-2 weeks. I could help composing the kernel, but that's likely going to be
little effort and I am quite inexperienced with OpenCL, especially with the
API "glue" code needed to just have a small test kernel running.

I could pith in with putting together the kernel, but if the goal is to
have a simple test for global memory atomic addition on floats, perhaps the
best idea is to strip down an SDK example* like a float vector addition (or
reduction) and replace the regular global memory writes with
the atomicAdd_g_f() function implemented
in src/gromacs/mdlib/nbnxn_ocl/vectype_ops.clh.

* Both the AMD SDK and NVIDIA's ancient OpenCL SDK should have ready code,
but having checked briefly, a slight stripping down may be needed to remove
certain optimizations and avoid utility functions.

Szilárd