[gmx-developers] Gromacs 5.0.5 Parallelization GPU Tesla S1070

Antoniel A. S. Gomes agomes at ibb.unesp.br
Fri Dec 11 14:08:40 CET 2015

Hi.

I'm getting another problem using Gromacs in GPU parallelization

I have a Tesla S1070 (T10 Processor) and I'm trying to compile Gromacs 5.0.5 to recognize it.

Firstly, let me specify my hardware/software information:

- Ubuntu 14.04 server (no graphical interface)
- Tesla S1070 GPU card (T10 Processor):
     --- PCI bridge: NVIDIA Corporation NF200 PCIe 2.0 switch for Quadro Plex S4 / Tesla S870 / Tesla S1070 / Tesla S2050
     --- 3D controller: NVIDIA Corporation GT200GL [Tesla C1060 / M1060]

I tried to follow the suggested tutorials (install nvidia driver, cuda and openMM) but mdrun says my card is incompatible, although it's recognized.

I'm afraid if Gromacs 5.0.5 version is able to recognize my GPU card, because Tesla S1070 driver (270 version) uses cuda only in 2.2 version (and OpenMM needs higher cuda versions).

So, there's a way to configure Tesla S1070 GPU card to get recognized using Gromacs 5.0.5? I mean, what drivers versions are needed (or what Gromacs versions supports it)?

Best regards,

Antoniel A. S. Gomes

Bacharel em Ciências Biológicas, UEPB - Campus V
Mestre em Biologia Celular e Molecular, UFPB - Campus I
Doutorando em Biologia Geral e Aplicada, UNESP - Instituto de Biociências - Botucatu
Lattes: http://lattes.cnpq.br/2330777925652141