[gmx-developers] Umbrella code extension / flat bottom potential

Sabine Reisser sabine.reisser at kit.edu
Fri Feb 13 14:41:24 CET 2015

Hi again,

I think this topic is still interesting.
I have just tested Jochens code for flat-bottom position restraints,
which works great, but unfortunately it's not suitable for what I need.
Here, you can define a layer (with normal in z-direction) with a certain
thickness and invert the restraints. The problem is that you cannot
define a reference position for the layer, but the reference position is
always the initial geometry. That way, particles are pushed away from
the layer, but the direction is not defined. So I cannot use this to
bind my peptides to one leaflet of the membrane (cmp. my post "Flat
bottom position restraints"  on gmx-users). Also I cannot use it to
restrain distances between molecules, which I also need sometimes.

So I'd be grateful if you could reconsider including the extension to
the pull code described below.

Cheers
Sabine

I guess you mean flat-bottomed position restraints.
I am talking about the pull code (between COM iso atoms).

Berk

On 02/13/2014 04:05 AM, Mark Abraham wrote:
>/  It's been in master branch for about a year :-)
/>/
/>/  Mark
/>/
/>/