[gmx-developers] combine neighborlist

Szilárd Páll pall.szilard at gmail.com
Thu Jun 25 04:00:15 CEST 2015

Hi,

I think it should be supported if not out of the box, perhaps with
small code changes. I know we have discussed decoupling the search
form the force compute to allow executing them on different number of
executors/tasks. Also, I'm not entirely sure if the implementation
allows searchig on N tasks and merging simple CPU-style lists into a
single list output.

Try looking into the nbnxn_init_pairlist_set() function which gets
passed a boolean that tells whether to combine lists or not.

Note that you can control the number of tasks (=OpenMP threads) in
different parts of the code through the gmx_omp module which reads
environment variables in the form of GMX_*_NUM_THREADS.

Szilárd