[gmx-developers] New to Gromacs development

Noel Carrascal noelcjr at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 3 23:52:52 CET 2015

Hi gromacs developers,
First, I would like to introduce myself. My name is Noel Carrascal, andI got a PhD with professor David Green at Stony Brook University in New York.My PhD is in Applied Math & Statistics to Computational biology, and I workedmostly with molecular dynamics simulations.
I am in the list of contributors to the code of DOCK 6.7, and I have some experience working with Amber and CHARMM. I made modifications for these two suits of programs for exclusive use of my former labs; that is, this modifications were never partof an official release.
I am very happy to have chosen gromacs because in my limited experience with gromacs it seems easier than DOCK, AMBER or CHARMM to read and compile the code.
My most immediate goal is to become more familiar with gromacs before I can finda way to contribute. Any suggestions are appreciated.
I look forward to being more involved with the development of gromacs in the future.
Noel Carrascal