[gmx-developers] Error configuring 5.0.5 with GMX_BUILD_OWN_FFTW=yes

Berk Hess hess at kth.se
Wed May 13 22:50:27 CEST 2015

On 05/13/2015 10:43 PM, Mark Abraham wrote:

> On Wed, May 13, 2015 at 10:24 PM Berk Hess <hess at kth.se
> <mailto:hess at kth.se>> wrote:
>
>     Hi,
>
>     I also noticed only now that there is more logic on line 158 of
>     FindFFTW.cmake that probably should have been updated (as well as
>     the documentation at the top). I should have stayed out of the
>     business of editing cmake files :-(
>

> It's not exactly your fault that nobody thought to comment anywhere
> that FindFFTW.cmake and the own-fftw build are supposed to fulfil the
> same contract...
I already thought they would need to fulfill the same contract, but I
thought that would happen through the same test, since it tests for
HAVE_SIMD as well. I still don't understand how HAVE_SIMD gets set (and
HAVE_SSE not) when we build our own FFT. Anyhow, it's probably better if
someone else looks into fixing this.

Berk