[gmx-developers] Jenkins vulnerability

Åke Sandgren ake.sandgren at hpc2n.umu.se
Tue Nov 10 07:55:50 CET 2015

Hi!

In case you haven't seen this yet.

==================
Please assign a CVE to this issue:

Remote code execution vulnerability due to unsafe deserialization in
Jenkins remoting
Unsafe deserialization allows unauthenticated remote attackers to run
arbitrary code on the Jenkins master.
This is tracked as SECURITY-218 in the Jenkins project. All current
Jenkins releases are affected.

Public exploit:
http://foxglovesecurity.com/2015/11/06/what-do-weblogic-websphere-jboss-
jenkins-opennms-and-your-application-have-in-common-this-vulnerability/#
jenkins

Temporary workaround:
https://jenkins-ci.org/content/mitigating-unauthenticated-remote-code-ex
ecution-0-day-jenkins-cli

A related issue is being discussed here:
http://www.openwall.com/lists/oss-security/2015/11/09/1
Jenkins is affected by both this and the Groovy variant in 'ysoserial'.

We plan to release a fix for this as part of our planned security update
on Wednesday.