[gmx-developers] upcoming point releases; also updates to branch statuses

Mark Abraham mark.j.abraham at gmail.com
Mon Oct 5 22:44:14 CEST 2015

Hi,

It's time for some more releases. I'll do 5.0.7 later this week, and 5.1.1
shortly after.

release-4-6 is now closed (Michael has an outstanding patch, but we can
apply its fix elsewhere if suitable). I think we should default to blocking
uploads to closed branches, unless there's a reason to permit it. I'll look
into doing that. Then I'll archive the Jenkins configurations somewhere,
and remove the jobs.

release-5-0 is now only open for serious scientific correctness fixes, e.g.
mdrun or some analysis tool is wrong. There will be a future release only
if we judge it is clearly useful

release-5-1 is open for general fixes of things that don't quite do what we
meant them to do. Such changes must not change correct functionality, and
change as few things as necessary to do the job reasonably. Invasive or
risky fixes should go on master branch. There will be future releases
roughly every 2 months.

master is open for general business, including cleanup, features, fixes.