[gmx-developers] MDAnalysis' libxdrfile2 vs. GROMACS' xdrfile

Robert McGibbon rmcgibbo at gmail.com
Fri Oct 16 10:43:47 CEST 2015

Hi,

On Fri, Oct 16, 2015 at 1:30 AM, David van der Spoel <spoel at xray.bmc.uu.se>
wrote:

Isn't all of this becoming obsolete due to the tng library?

I think I speak for the developers who are supporting and
maintaining analysis packages that read xtc files in saying that expect to
be maintaining xtx-related code for a good long time to come.

The gromacs-hosted repositories provide the natural place for us to
contribute any bug fixes (the patches I mentioned earlier in the thread) or
improvement (e.g. as mentioned by Dominik) back upstream to the community.
OTOH, I understand if the gromacs core devs are tired of dealing with this
code, since it is a little obsolete now.

-Robert