[gmx-developers] MDAnalysis' libxdrfile2 vs. GROMACS' xdrfile

Mark Abraham mark.j.abraham at gmail.com
Fri Oct 16 10:52:17 CEST 2015

Hi,

Yes, but first we think we need at least one non-GROMACS viewer to support
it (Magnus Lundborg has been working on it with VMD, see his post earlier
in this thread), so that us defaulting to TNG output is reasonable. We
probably need to re-implement some of the eigensystem-based tools that
abuse .trr before we can retire it, too. I'm certainly keen to move a lot
of the extraneous mdrun output (pulling, replica exchange, fancy FE
methods) into the TNG file, and hopefully energies too.

Mark