[gmx-developers] GROMACS OpenCL on Gallium

Alexey Shvetsov alexxy at omrb.pnpi.spb.ru
Wed Oct 21 12:45:29 CEST 2015

В письме от Wednesday 21 October 2015 12:24:42 пользователь Vedran Miletić
написал:
> > Hi!
> >
> > I tryed to run GROMACS on Mesa/OpenCL. Problem is that Radeon cards older
> > then See Island/Southern Island doesnt support global atomics. But on
> > this cards GROMACS should work (however i didnt tested it, since i dont
> > have such cards {r9 285x or r9 38x })
>
> Did GROMACS actually run for you? Did you have to modify the code
> somehow? What version of Mesa and libclc did you use?

I use git master for mesa libclc and llvm, however i cannot make it work since
mesa doesnt support global atomics on my GPU.I asked one of AMD dev who
involved in mesa opencl development about cards that support global atomics in
mesa and he recomended me something like R9 285 and higher (Sea Island/
Southern Island series)

Only modification I made for gromacs code was whitelisting mesa opencl.

--
Best Regards,
Alexey 'Alexxy' Shvetsov, PhD
mailto:alexxyum at gmail.com