[gmx-developers] GROMACS OpenCL on Gallium

Alexey Shvetsov alexxy at omrb.pnpi.spb.ru
Wed Oct 21 13:51:58 CEST 2015

В письме от Wednesday 21 October 2015 13:34:47 пользователь Vedran Miletić
написал:
> > В письме от Wednesday 21 October 2015 12:24:42 пользователь Vedran Miletić

> >> Did GROMACS actually run for you? Did you have to modify the code
> >> somehow? What version of Mesa and libclc did you use?
> >
> > I use git master for mesa libclc and llvm, however i cannot make it work
> > since mesa doesnt support global atomics on my GPU.I asked one of AMD dev
> > who involved in mesa opencl development about cards that support global
> > atomics in mesa and he recomended me something like R9 285 and higher
> > (Sea Island/ Southern Island series)
> >
> > Only modification I made for gromacs code was whitelisting mesa opencl.
>
> I see. I discussed this with people at #dri-devel on Freenode, they
> also mentioned missing image support.
>
> I will grab a Radeon R7 360 and give it another shot. I'm really
> curious whether we can get it to work and what performance will we
> get.

Image  support available via external patches and soon will be merged to mesa
master. I think best person to ask about opencl in mesa is Tom Sellard
(tsellar on freenode). I think performance can be comparable with binary
drivers (at least it was for some other types of workload).

--
Best Regards,
Alexey 'Alexxy' Shvetsov, PhD
mailto:alexxyum at gmail.com