[gmx-developers] XML and std::map?

David van der Spoel spoel at xray.bmc.uu.se
Mon Sep 21 22:29:48 CEST 2015

Hi,

one possibility to store the contents of an XML file without reinventing
many wheels would be to use std::map. I.e.

std::map *readXml(std::string filename);

Some background reference on the map data structure:
http://www.cplusplus.com/reference/map/map/

Before I spend any time on this I would like to invite some feedback.

Advantages: standard stuff with iterators etc.
Disadvantages: don't know (yet).

Box 596, 75124 Uppsala, Sweden. Phone:	+46184714205.