[gmx-developers] 2016 shipped!

Vedran Miletić vedran at miletic.net
Fri Aug 5 14:39:59 CEST 2016

On 08/05/2016 12:53 AM, Mark Abraham wrote:
> Hi people,
>
> Thanks very much to all of your for your effort over the last year - it
> feels like our best ever! Our mutual testing, review, discussion and
> criticism have been really useful for all of us.
>
> I want to give a particular shout-out to Teemu, whose Jenkins-workflow
> re-implementation has made the 2016 release process even kinder than the
> previous automation we had.
>
> I'm off on holiday for a week, so try not to break things too badly
> while I'm gone ;-)
>
> Mark

Congrats! And thanks to all of you for the effort you put in bugfixing
and reviews of other people's code.

Given that the version number jumped 2011 versions ahead, it's surely
the biggest release yet. ;-) Hell, it's even bigger than Microsoft's
leap from 98 to 2000, we might have a world record here.

Regards,
Vedran

--
Vedran Miletić