[gmx-developers] Plans for GROMACS 2016 release

Mark Abraham mark.j.abraham at gmail.com
Thu Feb 4 14:53:40 CET 2016

Hi,

I think 2016 makes clear it's a date. We are releasing because it's 2016
and we've done some useful things that people should want :-) I think
GROMACS 2016 clearly captures that.

I'm fairly sure nobody thinks Windows 10 was released in 2010. I don't know
whether Amber14 is the 14th release or the one from 2014 - historically it
was just a version number.

Mark