[gmx-developers] lots of new SIMD code but very poor jenkins coverage!

Teemu Murtola teemu.murtola at gmail.com
Fri Jan 1 12:02:10 CET 2016

Hi,

On Thu, Dec 31, 2015 at 6:07 PM Mark Abraham <mark.j.abraham at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Yes the current pre-submit configuration should be good to go, I tried it
> out again last week. IIRC I/we thought that letting Gerrit rebase over that
> content naturally for a few weeks would let us do a clean switch to new
> Jenkins jobs. I'd been deferring actually doing it until I was back in
> Stockholm after a month in Australia :-)

The relevant change for that natural rebasing for a clean switch was
already 5073 <https://gerrit.gromacs.org/5073>, which was merged much
earlier. But it doesn't really matter any more; now we just need to hope
that the new matrix has not been broken for any intermediate commit that
might still appear as a parent for changes now in gerrit. But the main
point is that the old Gromacs_Gerrit_master-new-releng config should not be
used for trying out anything new.

> I have significant content intended for a post-submit matrix in Gerrit
> right now (but am reworking it this week). We probably also want to cover
> some differ combinations in post-submit.

I created a separate build that now triggers if you post "[JENKINS]
Post-submit" as a comment to a patch set, and it builds the matrix from
post-submit-matrix.txt. I didn't try this, because the matrix there is so
much outdated. But once there is some content there that works and passes
this build, we can also make a separate job that triggers when changes are
actually merged.

Teemu