[gmx-developers] GROMACS OpenCL on Gallium

Mark Abraham mark.j.abraham at gmail.com
Tue Jan 12 17:23:13 CET 2016

Hi,

Now that the code is fixed, I have copied four of the five OpenCL configs
from http://jenkins.gromacs.org/job/Gromacs_Gerrit_5_1-test-opencl-slave/
 into http://jenkins.gromacs.org/job/Gromacs_Gerrit_5_1/, namely

"Compiler=gcc CompilerVersion=5 GMX_GPU=ON GMX_USE_OPENCL=ON AMDAPPSDK=3.0
CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release host=bs_nix-amd_gpu"
"Compiler=gcc CompilerVersion=5 GMX_GPU=ON GMX_USE_OPENCL=ON AMDAPPSDK=3.0
GMX_THREAD_MPI=off CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Debug host=bs_nix-amd_gpu"
"Compiler=gcc CompilerVersion=4.7 GMX_GPU=ON GMX_USE_OPENCL=ON CUDA=6.5
GMX_SIMD=SSE4.1 CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Debug host=bs_nix1204"
"Compiler=gcc CompilerVersion=4.8 GMX_GPU=ON GMX_USE_OPENCL=ON CUDA=7.5
GMX_MPI=on CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Debug host=bs_nix1310"

There's already a lot of release-5-1 configs, so I dropped one of the
NVIDIA OpenCL ones in the interests of better throughput.

I propose that we put something like the first config into master branch
pre-submit matrix, being the most important configuration in user space,
and not being a build slave under contention. Some other configs might go
in less frequent testing.

Mark