[gmx-developers] last drinks for release-5-1

Mark Abraham mark.j.abraham at gmail.com
Mon Jul 11 16:36:23 CEST 2016

Hi people,

With the impending release of GROMACS 2016, the final planned release from
release-5-1 branch will happen shortly (e.g. Friday) unless testing of 2016
finds problems to fix in 5.1 :-). There's a straightforward fix from
Michael open, but otherwise I think we are in fine shape.

As usual, we'll plan to keep release-5-1 open for about another year, but
it's generally open only for fixes of things that produce wrong science. We
might make another release from that release-5-1 if people think there's a
sufficiently significant problem to be worth the work of the fix, the
testing and the release.

Release-5-0 is already closed, per email May 13.