[gmx-developers] Gromacs 5.0 benchmarks

Schulz, Roland roland.schulz at intel.com
Sat Jul 23 02:39:51 CEST 2016

Hi Kevin,

I uploaded the master branch with those two changes under code review, plus a work-around for ICC 17beta to github.  You can download this version as
https://codeload.github.com/rolandschulz/gromacs/zip/knl

Besides the general performance tips you might want to try:

-          If you benchmark on a single node try to use only OpenMP with a single MPI rank

-          Or use 4 OpenMP and the appropriate number of MPI ranks (both for single node as well as multiple nodes)

-          Use 2 way Hyper threading (2 thread / core)

-          Try ICC17beta

-          Use "numactl -m1" when using Flat mode

Roland