[gmx-developers] future of tabulated bonded interactions

Erik Lindahl erik.lindahl at gmail.com
Wed Jun 1 18:25:00 CEST 2016

Hi,

Nobody has any problem with

- old features that just work
- old features that are horrible-but-well-documented hacks,
- old features that constantly break, but there is somebody who steps up and fixes bugs
- old features that are only used by a single group and no developer, but that group is super-helpful when it comes to help testing it

As Mark says, the problem are in the features that are horribly-broken, (often) undocumented, nobody steps up to fix them, and even when some developer *does* spend time on it, there is nobody who bothers testing it.

That is pretty much my definition of “don’t care”, rather than “care” about a feature. I find it somewhat unlikely that those users would not have time to spend 5 minutes helping test something, but they would want to spend the work on maintain a completely independent version of the code ;-)

Cheers,

Erik