[gmx-developers] Errors in tng_io reading box vectors

Magnus Lundborg magnus.lundborg at scilifelab.se
Thu Jun 9 09:09:50 CEST 2016

Hi Peter,

In the tng_example.tng file there is only one box shape, stored outside
the trajectory and thus valid for all of it (unless there is box shape
data in specific frames overriding it). That's the reason why there is
only one frame. But as you say the API does not handle this well, since
you have specified that you wanted the data over a certain number of
frames, and should thereby presume that the returned data is of the
specified size (n_frames/stride_length).

I will have to look into how deal with this without breaking anything
(including API function signatures).

Best Regards,

Magnus