[gmx-developers] updates to GROMACS branch statuses

Mark Abraham mark.j.abraham at gmail.com
Fri May 13 00:16:53 CEST 2016

Hi,

As usual, during release phase it's time to update branch statuses.

* release-5-0 is now out of maintenance. We've been accumulating any mdrun
fixes for some time, so it might be worth thinking about one final release.
To be decided, then I'll delete the Jenkins infrastructure for this branch.
* release-5-1 is now only accepting serious scientific correctness fixes
(but anything that's already on that branch is gerrit is OK to go there as
far as I am concerned)
* release-2016 is open for general bug fixing, documentation, tests, but
with an eye for correctness and stability
* master is open for refactoring and feature work (but I won't have much
time to look at it for another month or so)