[gmx-developers] Questions for clean Gerrit submissions

Eric Irrgang ericirrgang at gmail.com
Tue Apr 4 04:42:16 CEST 2017

Thank you for the tips, Teemu, and Erik,

gmx_unused is what I was looking for to subclass a Gromacs abstract class
with fewer requirements. I had trouble simply commenting out the unused
parameters for pure virtual methods, but I am also curious why the the
'unused' attribute macros are not the preferred approach or even marking
them void in the definition?

I used commit b57307c233 from the 'gromacs' branch of uncrustify from git://
github.com/rolandschulz/uncrustify.git but constructor member
initialization lists still seemed to get confused by brace initialization,
at least for certain argument types. I didn't require brace initialization
so I switched to traditional syntax, but I wonder whether there is an
option I was missing or if this is just a matter of limited logic in
uncrustify.

Cheers,
Eric