[gmx-developers] plans for GROMACS 2017 release cycle

Mark Abraham mark.j.abraham at gmail.com
Wed Apr 12 16:43:35 CEST 2017

Hi,

With the first target technically passed, it's time for an update. In
practice, most of the Stockholm developers have had a lot of non-code calls
on their time, so we will push all the dates back a few weeks. Thus

April 21 - proposals in gerrit in approximately final form
May 22 - ship release candidate
June 5 - ship second release candidate
Final release mid June pending what we learn during testing.

Note that all the Stockholm people already have strong demands on their
time, so if it isn't already well discussed and working well on gerrit, it
is probably too late for this year's release :-)

Mark