[gmx-developers] MSVC conversion from 'double' to 'real' requires a narrowing conversion

Eric Irrgang ericirrgang at gmail.com
Wed Jul 5 20:47:24 CEST 2017

I'm unclear on the issue. Is the problem with an implicit conversion in
your code or is there a bug that MSVC ignores the aspect of the standard
that should make constant expressions okay in initializer lists? If the
latter, explicit casting seems like the right solution.

A user-defined literal could be very confusing and hard to document
effectively.