[gmx-developers] plans for GROMACS 2017 release cycle

Erik Lindahl erik.lindahl at gmail.com
Fri Mar 10 07:48:02 CET 2017

Hi Alexey!

I'm well aware there hasn't been a vivid discussion in Gerrit; I think one reason for that is the comments in redmine #1625 (mostly by Teemu) expressing concerns about the design choices that weren't addressed/discussed much (not blaming anybody, just an observation).

Now, there are of course several of us who could have been more involved to push this, but we also have another dozen of things to push, so we need to rely a bit on self-organization :-)  Rather than arguing about the past, I think the key conclusion is that we need a public discussion thread with use cases and API design suggestions with links in redmine asap.

Cheers,

Erik

--
Erik Lindahl <erik.lindahl at scilifelab.se>