[gmx-developers] Dihedral angle numerical accuracy

Berk Hess hess at kth.se
Sat Oct 28 10:06:59 CEST 2017

Hi,

In molecular dynamics it's rather likely that you hit corner cases, so
we pay a lot of attention to numerical issues when writing and reviewing
code. Therefore it is unlikely that there are cases that can be
improved, but you are welcome to look.

It is good that you mention the sign in dihedral angle. The return value
is actually never used. The sign is only used to set the sign of the
angle, which switches at angle=0, so there is no stability issue.

Cheers,

Berk