[gmx-developers] KNL usage and mcdram

Szilárd Páll pall.szilard at gmail.com
Fri Sep 22 14:36:28 CEST 2017

No, it does not. IIRC, as Berk said, there were small differences when
using cache mode (as long as everything fits!), but you can also
configure it in flat mode and bind mdrun to the first NUMA region. For
all intents and purposes that should be as good as it gets.

You might want to also try huge pages and quadrant mode (I don't have
detailed data comment on the impact of these, but both of those have
been claimed to be beneficial).

--
Szilárd