[gmx-developers] ssh gateway to gerrit git repository

Eric Irrgang ericirrgang at gmail.com
Sun Aug 19 13:12:16 CEST 2018

Hi Folks,

Since some time yesterday, I was having trouble `fetch`ing from
Gerrit, but I noticed today that other folks are pushing changes.

It looks like `git fetch git://git.gromacs.org/gromacs.git` works for
me, but `git fetch ssh://m_eric_irrgang@gerrit.gromacs.org/gromacs` no
longer does.

Has there been a policy change or does a daemon need to be restarted
somewhere? I am able to use ssh to get an interactive shell on other
networks, but I don't know if that uses the same port as when git uses
it. I don't use this method of connection on any other repository
hosts, so I'm not sure how to more thoroughly cross-check.