[gmx-developers] gerrit changing the way drafts are supported

Schulz, Roland roland.schulz at intel.com
Mon Aug 27 18:50:24 CEST 2018

Quoting from the changes:

The draft change feature has been removed, and replaced with two separate features:

  *   Private changes<https://gerrit-documentation.storage.googleapis.com/Documentation/2.15/intro-user.html#private-changes> are visible only to the owner and reviewers.
  *   Work-in-progress changes<https://gerrit-documentation.storage.googleapis.com/Documentation/2.15/intro-user.html#wip> do not generate notifications.

After we have finished the upgrade the project owner can change the state of the a change from private to WIP (or reverse) (and of course also to/from public). The main question is whether we want the draft changes to be migrated to private or WIP as part of the upgrade. I suspect that most of us use draft more like private rather than WIP (given that we use WIP in the message for WIP). Thus I think it makes sense to migrate draft to private. Does everyone agree or does anyone prefer draft to migrated to WIP? Migrating to WIP is the default, but the migration script lets one choose either option.

Roland