[gmx-developers] distance restraints and domain decomposition

Bert de Groot bgroot at gwdg.de
Thu Jun 7 16:32:45 CEST 2018

On 06/07/18 16:22, Berk Hess wrote:
> If you are sure the x, y and z components are shorter than half the box
> diagonal, your results should be fine.

so far, so good. The involved distances behave as expected based on the
restraint input in the simulations thus far so the restraints seem to be doing
what they should.

> If you think such a setup is important to run efficiently in parallel, we can
> think of ways to make this work.

thanks. Right now I cannot judge how frequently we'll need a setup like this in
the future. For the current set it appears we'll be able to get decent
throughput on available openMP nodes.

cheers

Bert