[gmx-developers] Elaboration of the error message "Replica exchange is only supported by dynamical simulations"

Mark Abraham mark.j.abraham at gmail.com
Thu Jun 7 17:38:34 CEST 2018

Hi,

Historically we have twisted the meaning of "integrator" as an .mdp file
setting to include normal mode and energy minimization calculation. Those
don't make sense to couple with replica exchange. So inasmuch as there is a
Markov Chain that makes sense to generalize across ensembles in your
approach, feel free to make the logic leading to that message tolerate
however you are setting up your inputs.

Mark