[gmx-developers] Understanding disparity in field values of "t_state" class

Erik Lindahl erik.lindahl at gmail.com
Thu Mar 1 22:15:59 CET 2018

If you are on release-2018 I think you have the PaddedRVecVectors, and then
it is handled by hiding the allocation size inside the class.

Note that the exact size of the *allocation* is not relevant to determine a
unique physical *state* for your system. The extra positions are not used,
it's merely an optimization to make the memory behave better. The physics
will be the same even if we restore the state to another structure without,
or with different, padding.

Cheers,

Erik