[gmx-developers] problems in debugging process

Mark Abraham mark.j.abraham at gmail.com
Thu Mar 8 07:17:11 CET 2018

Hi,

Debugging MPI programs is tricky - I strongly suggest that you start out
with the default non-MPI build of GROMACS (and even run that in
single-process mode with -ntmpi 1), so that you have fewer pieces of
infrastructure that you need to learn to manage correctly. Also, check
whether your local compute centers give access to TotalView or DDT
graphical MPI debuggers that will manage all these things for you.

Mark