[gmx-developers] Gromacs API development and example scripts

Eric Irrgang ericirrgang at gmail.com
Thu Apr 18 15:20:42 CEST 2019

Hello again,

Thank you all for the gmxapi feedback online and offline. We are
finishing up the prototyping for the planned functionality illustrated
in the use case scripts at https://github.com/kassonlab/gmxapi-scripts
and as described in
https://redmine.gromacs.org/projects/gromacs/repository/revisions/master/entry/python_packaging/roadmap.rst
and in subtasks of https://redmine.gromacs.org/issues/2045

The syntax and basic user interface of the Python package for GROMACS
2020 will have to be fairly final by the end of this month, so please
let us know before the dev telco next week if you have any questions
or concerns.
There are issues linked from the above Redmine, there is the GitHub
issue tracking system, or you can email me or issues at gmxapi.org.

I will post an update when the complete prototype is available in a
branch on GitHub, but changes will be staged through Gerrit with the
'gmxapi' topic:
https://gerrit.gromacs.org/q/status:open+topic:gmxapi

Thanks!